School Leavers - What's next for you?
- Explore the School Leavers Information Kit (SLIK) as your guide to education, training and work options in 2022;
- Call 1800 CAREER (External website, Opens in new window) (1800 227 337) or SMS SLIS2022 to 0429 009 435 (External website, Opens in new window) to start a conversation about how the tools in Your Career can help you or to book a free session with a career practitioner.
Resources to support school leavers
Leaving school and thinking about your next step?
- Want help to build your career or tips for finding and applying for jobs?
- Thinking about university or vocational education and training opportunities?
- Want to find out about financial assistance available to support you while you study?
A free information service for school leavers aged 15-24, call 1800 CAREER (1800 227 337)
- help to navigate the SLIK and the Your Career website
- book a free 45-minute session with a career practitioner – to help you with your options from career planning and management, training and studying, to looking for work.
Are you looking for ideas about what’s next after school? Would you like some help? Tune in each month as we explore different options.
The transition from school to work, training or further education can be a big change. You might be moving out of home, getting your first full time job or maybe you’re just not sure which option to pick.
Get tips and tricks for how to talk to your young person about their future career.
Do you want to talk to your young person about what’s next and aren’t sure where to start?
You can explore education, training and work options available for your young person in the Parents and Guardian’s Guide for School Leavers.
Are you a teacher, principal, career advisor assisting young people with their career journey?
Find a range of promotional assets to assist you in developing and delivering programs and career guidance for young people and school leavers here.
Email the School Leavers Information Service
Enter your postcode and email below! One of our Information Officers will get in contact to help you explore your next steps.
School Leavers - Support Services
Support services and further information
A translating and interpreting service (TIS National) is available by calling 13 14 50 (cost of a local call). The TIS can translate the information kit or help you call the information service.
The School Leaver Information Kit (SLIK) can be downloaded in other languages.
If you are deaf or have a hearing impairment and/or have a speech impairment, call 1300 555 727 (speak and listen) and ask for 1800 CAREER (1800 227 337) or go to the NRS website for other options.
Looking after yourself
The Department of Employment and Workplace Relations (department) takes reasonable care to ensure that the information and advice provided through the School Leavers Information Service is accurate and up-to-date. However, it is your responsibility to give us correct and complete information about your circumstances and to decide if you wish to take any action or decision on the basis of any information or advice provided by our information officers and careers practitioners. Before doing so you should exercise your own independent skill and judgement and make your own further enquiries relevant to your particular circumstances. The department is not liable for any loss resulting from any action taken or reliance made by you on any information or advice provided to you by our information officers and careers practitioners.