Chemical Production Machine Operators operate machines to produce chemical goods such as soaps, detergents, pharmaceuticals, toiletries and explosives.
- operates crushing machines to reduce solid chemicals and other materials to a size suitable for processing
- operates mills to grind and pulverise solid chemicals and other materials into particles of a specified size
- inspects samples of these materials and monitors the removal of the ground product
- operates machines in which the ingredients used in chemical and related products are mixed and blended, and ensures the accuracy of the blend
- may be designated according to the type of material mixed, the product obtained or the machine operated.
- physically demanding
- working outdoors.