Gas or Petroleum Operators operate equipment to pump oil and gas from wellheads, and refine and process petroleum products.
- controls equipment that performs continuous and batch processes to process natural gas, manufacture refined petroleum products, and blend petroleum base stocks to produce commercial fuels, lubricating oils and asphalt
- controls the preparation, measuring and feeding of raw material and processing agents into plant
- patrols and inspects equipment to ensure proper operation and sets operating controls on equipment
- analyses samples and readings and records test data
- controls records of production, quantities transferred and details of blending and pumping operations
- checks equipment for malfunctions and arranges maintenance
- writes reports and maintains records on equipment performance, instrument readings and switching operations
- carries out routine operating tests.