Zookeepers feed, provide water for and monitor the health of animals in zoos, aquaria and wildlife parks, clean, fix and maintain animal cages, and inform visitors about animals.
- prepares, cleans, disinfects and maintains comfortable cages and enclosures
- transports food, fills water troughs and feeds animals according to their individual needs
- maintains animal health records, treats minor injuries and reports serious conditions to veterinarians
- exercises and plays with animals, answers visitor questions and transfers animals between enclosures by leading or carrying them
- dusts and sprays insecticides on animals and immerses them in insecticide baths to control insect pests.
- working outdoors.