Technical Cable Jointers join insulated electric power cables installed in underground conduits and trenches, and prepare cable terminations for connection to electrical equipment and overhead lines.
- installs and maintains equipment associated with electrical supply such as transformers
- attends to electrical breakdown and emergencies
- conducts routine maintenance on the aerial and underground electricity supply networks
- prepares low and high voltage cable joints and cable terminations, while connecting and installing electrical equipment and overhead lines
- uses heavy plant equipment such as elevated work platforms and portable equipment such as hydraulic drills
- may undertake substation installation and maintenance, and specialised testing and revenue metre installation.
- requires driving
- working outdoors.