Other Science Technicians includes jobs like Calibration Technician, Fibre Technologist, Optics Technical Officer, Physics Technical Officer, and Textile Technical Officer.
- prepares materials for experimentation, including freezing and slicing specimens and mixing chemicals
- collects information and samples
- conducts field and laboratory experiments, tests and analyses
- presents results in graphic or written form by preparing maps charts, sketches, diagrams and reports
- performs routine mathematical calculations and computations of measurement
- controls the quality and quantity of laboratory supplies by testing samples and monitoring usage
- checks, calibrates and maintains test equipment
- participates in fabricating, installing and modifying equipment to ensure that critical standards are met.