Meat Inspectors inspect animal carcasses, internal organs and meat processing facilities for disease to ensure compliance with government and industry standards with respect to quality and health.
- inspects animals and animal products to identify product quality issues and provide advice to producers
- audits and monitors quality procedures at farms, food handling and processing facilities to ensure compliance with required standards
- tests samples of produce for quality, size and purity
- ensures that required standards of hygiene are observed at storage, processing and packing facilities and in transport vehicles
- advises primary producers on economic aspects of disease eradication and informs producers and the general public of the health implication of disease and impurities
- examines imported animals, and makes necessary quarantine arrangements
- may initiate or assist in legal action to enforce regulations.
- requires driving
- working outdoors.