Music Professionals write, arrange, orchestrate, conduct and perform musical compositions.
- creating melodic, harmonic and rhythmic structures to express ideas and emotions in musical form
- translating ideas and concepts into standard musical signs and symbols for reproduction and performance
- undertaking research and liaising with clients when composing musical backing for television commercials, popular recordings, and radio, television and film productions
- auditioning and selecting musicians and Singers
- selecting music for performances and assigning instrumental parts to musicians
- directing musical groups at rehearsals and performances to achieve desired effects such as tonal and harmonic balance, rhythm and tempo
- studying and rehearsing repertoire and musical scores prior to performances
- playing music in recital, as an accompanist, or as a member of an orchestra, band or other musical group, from score and by memory
- performing music and songs according to interpretation, direction and style of presentation, using highly developed aural skills to reproduce music.