Project Builders manage the construction, alteration and renovation of dwellings and other buildings.
- interprets architectural drawings and specifications
- co-ordinates labour resources, and the procurement and delivery of materials, plant and equipment
- consults with architects, engineering professionals and other professionals, and technical and trades workers
- negotiates with building owners, property developers and subcontractors involved in the construction process to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- prepares tenders and contract bids
- implements co-ordinated work programs for sites
- ensures adherence to building legislation and standards of performance, quality, cost and safety
- arranges submission of plans to local authorities
- builds under contract or subcontracting specialised building services
- oversees the standard and progress of subcontractors' work
- arranging building inspections by local authorities.
- requires driving
- working outdoors.