Turf growers manage to the production of pre-cultivated turf. They use farm equipment for planting and harvesting.
Work is on farms and is generally in rural areas.
Suits people who work well within a team and have the ability operate and control farm equipment. Basic English and an interest in farm production and agriculture are helpful.
- select and plant seeds
- cultivate turf production by maintaining optimal growing conditions
- mow, cut and roll turf for sale
- assist with the sale and dispatch of produce
- perform or oversee farming activities such as fertilising, mowing, watering, pest and weed control
- maintain farm buildings, fences, equipment and water supply systems
- keep and evaluate records of farming activities and plan production to meet market demands
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors.
- physically demanding
- requires driving
- working outdoors.